Friday 7 October 2011

What's in my Fridge

One of my friends was saying she didn't know what to do when she went to a Japanese supermarket to buy food. I was a bit like that to start with, and I know a lot of foreign students deal with this problem by buying ready made meals from konbinis and just eating that. Which is actually not so bad here in Japan, because they're usually pretty balanced and good for you. But for me, this is impossible, because they're pretty meat heavy. Lots of chicken katsu. Although I do love the pre-packaged inari they sell at Max Value!

So here is what I bought for myself from the supermarket today:
  • Tins of clementine, tomatoes and sweetcorn because I have nowhere else to put them!
  • My bento box with some left over something in =/
  • Bread, in the typical Japanese 6 piece packet
  • Tofu, cut price salad box, margarine
  • Garlic, tomato, beansprouts and spring onions


Chocolate on the top, vitamin jelly drinks in the middle and on the bottom green tea and pepsi (which is cheap in Japan! 150yen)

Yummy 0 calorie vitamin jelly drink. It's a bit weird to start with, but hopefully good for you. 88yen each!
My sad looking basil plant =[ 100yen

Instant ramen packets, 5 for 200yen. Tasty but evil. This one is apparently salt flavour? Tastes like vegetable stock to me.
 Also spaghetti, noodles and rice somewhere around, as well as my cute pink box in the kitchen with soya sauce, rice vinegar, salt, oregano, parsley, sesame seeds, sesame and olive oil...

Today my bike lock rusted closed and me and Ash and Sophie managed to bend one key into bits and break one off inside the lock =< I tried to open it with my 100yen store scissors, but failed. We asked one of the porters for help after some dithering and he cut it pretty easily with some big pliers! So my bike is free, and I still have another lock on it so no panic.

I still need to take a photo of it <3

No comments:

Post a Comment