Monday 26 September 2011

FUBAR

Here's my night out in Fukuoka blogpost!

In the day time me, Meike, Sophie and Audrey went into Tenjin for a little shopping spree. I bought some false eyelashes for a really cheap price (like 200yen!) and a beautiful new watch and a cute pink scarf that I can wear to protect myself from the sun.

We went home to meet the others, eat something and get ready.We got all dressed up pretty.


Meike, Me and Audrey (the birthday girl) before we left
Tenjin at night is a bit different from in the day time. It's still pretty busy, but I really noticed a lot more foreigners around, it was weird not to be the only group of white people for once. We got all dressed up pretty. We met with Shin, Adele and a girl called Ami and they showed us to a club called Happy Cock (AS IN A CHICKEN OKAY) which is apparently very popular among foreign students. It was tooo full up though and we didn't feel like waiting so we tried a couple other places that we failed to get into because Ash and Sophie are too young... you have to be 20 to drink in Japan and they are 19.

Eventually we found a place called FUBAR. It was a nomihoudai, which means you pay a single entrance fee which was 2000yen for me and 3000yen for the guys (apparently that's pretty normal in Japan, guys just pay more for drinks. Me and Meike decided it was because tampons are so damn expensive you have to make up the money somewhere), and then you can drink all you like all night. Which is pretty awesome! 

I had a LOT to drink and drunk talked to a lot of people randomly. The owner/bartender was half British and spoke with an English accent so we had a nice chat with him while he made us drinks. A lot of people were really cool and relaxed, there was quite a nice atmosphere or everyone just having fun. I was hit on by some pretty creepy guys, one them actually said "wow!" and licked his upper lip at me in a really creepy way. I was like NO and just ran away. =/ I put the ring Alex got me in my wedding ring finger and just told everyone I was 結婚しました (married). Even so, I didn't feel threatened at all like I would have in the UK. The guys took no for an answer, and were happy to keep their distance if you hinted hard enough.

There was some good music - not stuff I normally listen to but great to party to. It was sort of a hiphop/rap/top 40 kind of thing. I knew some stuff - Lady Gaga, Rihanna and brilliantly I Just Had Sex by Lonely Island ft Akon. We all danced a lot.

I wore my heels so by about 3 or 4 I was totally exhausted and just had to sit down. The weird thing about a night out in Japan is that the last train is at 12, the taxis cost an absolute fortune and so there is no way to get home if you live far away. So we just had to wait until 6am the next day when the trains start up again. At 5 we went to McDonalds but I didn't eat anything, I was too drunk and tired. The train and walk home was pretty awful, we had to treck past loads of sports teams walking to uni in the morning - me with my shoes in my hand, everyone really really sick. We are such bad (or good?) examples or foreigners! 

I didn't take any photos because my camera battery died =< but maybe there will be others I will be able to find. Or maybe it's for the best that there are none! 

After we got home at 7 I just went to bed and slept straight through until 7pm, when I got up to go to a cute cafe we like called Joyful. Then we studied for a little bit and went back to bed again. 9am lectures this morning were nowhere near as bad as they could have been =] 

Today I slept most of the time after class too. I guess I'm just really tired. Now it's time for my to have some instant ramen and act as if I'm alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment